Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Keeping up the Momentum!

Whew!  What a weekend!  I found myself doing other activities that really wore me out!  My husband and I volunteered at our kids school to help out with their Walk-A-Thon.  What we did was help pass out the lap sticks and the popsicles AND DANCE!  We signed up to just do three half-hour shifts, but ended up doing it for 5 hours!  It was awesome!  Our kids did great and we loved it!  So after standing for 5 hours, I was able to do a mini-workout and did two miles.  It was tough, but I did it! 

Saturday was just as fun, we were outside walking all over downtown!  We walked for four hours and it was crazy!  The coolest part is I saw the preparations for the OKC Memorial Marathon---which is my goal to run next year---more motivation for me to continue this journey to a better and healthy lifestyle! 


Sunday, I took a break and rested.  It was well needed but the craziest part is, I wanted to run!  I listened to my body (and my schedule) and rested.  Monday came along and I did my yoga in the morning and I get this, I mowed the lawn, pulled the weeds and edged!  I'm sure you're thinking, that's not a workout!  Well, honestly, if you saw my lawn (the grass was passed my ankles and the crab grass was up to my knees!) you'd know that it was a workout!  I honestly was out there for two hours walking up and down pushing the lawn mower.  BUT what I did was do lunges while I mowed the lawn!  See, I incorporated exercise in yard work!  I lost count on how many lunges I did and my husband just watched me and said, "You're going to be hurting.  But good job on the lunges!  BTW, the lawn looks awesome!"  He's awesome! 

Today, I was busy with the kids and wanted to go to bed early BUT I opted to workout!  I was dreading the four miles I needed to do but I DID it!  My body feels great and I am slimming down slowly, but surely!  As of today, I am down 10 lbs and I know that I can keep this up! 

Keeping up the momentum and knocking the weight off,
Vida :)

No comments: